Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Science fiction & fantasy symbols/icons: Battlestar Galactica


This is from the Sci-Fi Channel's new Battlestar Galactica. It's the banner of humanity, I guess it's a pheonix. I am currently working on a fat sock/sleeve tattoo, or rather my favorite tattoo artist is. (Check out Ugly Bill the Special Technique at Chronic Tattoo in Pacific Beach, San Diego.) But I'm also thinking about the next tattoo. I already have a Star Wars Rebel Alliance symbol on my chest, a grenade on my ribs, a bird in my armpit and a sword on my hip. Anyway, I'm planning on incorporating several other symbols such as the Battlestar Galactica pheonix crest, the Klingon Empire from Star Trek, the Star Wars Empire, Thulsa Doom's two snakes facing each other over a sun from Conan the Barbarian, and maybe some Cobra, Thundercats or Transformers. I am actively searching for ideas and welcome suggestions.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any reason you left out the rest of your tatoo series? (I'm guessing because of the context of cultural symbols, but I'm curious....)

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger SamuRyan said...

My tattoo series? Context of cultural symbols? Sorry, no comprendo. If you are asking why I didn't mention my other tattoos: I might get around to them later. If you are asking why I didn't include pictures of symbols that I wrote about: I don't have them. Would the anonymous questioner mind restating the question?

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:45:00 PM  
Blogger SamuRyan said...

All I'm really asking suggestions on are any symbols or icons from film or TV or other visual media that would be of a similar sc-fi / fantasy theme. Equilibrium has an interesting symbol but not interesting enough and the film isn't epic enough for a tat. I'm debating whether or not shows like ThunderCats were epic enough, but that's such a cool symbol... Your thoughts?

Sunday, October 30, 2005 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger SamuRyan said...

This idea never came to fruition.

And that space is now taken.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home